Sunday, January 17, 2010

Franglish for hedonists

Just shared this with the hubby and he thought I should share further...

So, I'm googling like a motherf*$%er trying to find a good fish restaurant to go to tomorrow night. And boy oh boy is that a rabbit hole to go down - try googling "Paris" and "restaurant" and pretty much any other selection of words and you're in for a long read. Luckily, some sites have English versions of their menus so I can figure out what the hell pleurotes and gambas and cabillaud are.

But here's the thing: the English translations are fucking amazing. I mean, there's got to be shitloads of English speakers in this town, right? But did they get one to give their copy a read? No, not at all...

The Restaurant “La Marée” belongs to these institutions of the Fançaise Gastronomy turned towards Fish Cuisine. With a selection of products of quality, selectided by the Chief Yves Mutin, you will find a cuisine made of simplicity, and a touch of gastronomical subtility.

At 200 m of "Ternes", the restaurant is very near famous places of Paris like "Champs Elysées" or " Salle Pleyel".


The resumption of this restaurant by Pascal MOUSSET, gives again a blow of youth , to recreate the environment which made the success of this convivial restaurant, equipped of a cuisine of market at soft price.


This cosy restaurant of 60 places, makes the happiness of those who love French Fish Cuisine. This as a place that harmoniously mix Famous Stars of show business, Businessmen and all hedonists, in love with the good cuisine.


A cuisine to be discover or rediscover for the pleasures of the palate…

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god I can't believe you're there. I thought I had weeks to prepare... Now I have to plan! Do you have your mobile with you? Can I call you? AAAAAAAAAH! Brain overload!!!!

    ReplyDelete