Saturday, November 21, 2009

wherein I add my voice to the cacophony

4 months ago I left my job as an account director at an interactive agency. My "sabbatical" as I called it (to make it sound like I knew what the hell I was up to) was intended to give me time to focus on my renewed love of acting as well as to get some much needed downtime and regain my sanity and purpose. And now? Well, I'm happy to say that I got myself a head shot, pulled together an acting resume (nevermind that 10 year hiatus!), and managed to land an agent. Yep, I'm officially ready and waiting for auditions... in what is arguably the weakest commercial acting market ever! But no matter, I'm on my path. Or I'm on a path anyway. Now for the part where I figure out the big "what next?" i.e., "how about a real job that pays money?" Every day seems to bring a new scheme, followed by a new (and massive) wave of fear, followed by me snapping at my husband for something inconsequential, followed by mindless, yet oh so comforting, consumption of dlisted.com and Glee on Hulu. I figured why not catalog this uncertain time here, in a blog? After all, I prefer my bandwagons somewhat out-of-date.

No comments:

Post a Comment